An Ounce of Nutrition is on a mission to get Nutrition in EVERY School! We challenge you to take the pledge and join us in promoting healthy choices for all students. Enter your name and email address on our website and then tell us why you think it’s important to get nutrition in every school (e.g. take the pledge) – then we’ll send you your “free” download of “HOW TO FUND YOUR NUTRITION PROGRAM” to help you bring nutrition into your school.
Why should you take the pledge?
- You can teach students skills that will last a lifetime!
- Well-nourished students are generally more focused on their school work and do better academically.
- Students who eat well will have more energy and be more alert in school and in life!
- Healthy food choices help prevent future chronic diseases like heart disease, cancer or diabetes.
- Kids without grumbling tummies can concentrate better.
- Students make better food choices when they know their food is made and where it comes from and how it impacts their health.
- Food and nutrition education can be integrated into any subject to help bring it to life including; math, science, history or social sciences.
- You may experience less behavior issues in the classroom.
- Well-nourished students are generally absent less.
What are other reasons you can think of? Take the pledge and tell us why nutrition should be in every school. Go to: http://anounceofnutrition.com/take-the-pledge.html to take the pledge.