- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups of fresh baked pumpkin (about 1 ¼ pumpkin) or 1 can (15-ounce) pureed pumpkin (without added sugars or additives or preservatives).
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of low sugar (4 grams or less per serving) or unsweetened sugar, chocolate chips.
IMPORTANT: The night before preparing the recipe, place an unopened can of coconut milk in the refrigerator.
To prepare recipe:
- Take the coconut can out of the refrigerator and open it. Scoop out the solid part of it and place in a large mixing bowl. Discard the liquid or use it for another recipe or drink.
- Using a mixer, whip the coconut milk into a cream.
- In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, syrup, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla and mix well.
- Gently fold the coconut cream into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour the mixture into six 2 ½ inch chocolate molds and fill them up. Level off the top with a knife.
- Place mold in the freezer and let set for at least 2 hours.
- Melt ¾ cup of chocolate chips in a sauté pan over low heat. Brush the chocolate into six additional silicone molds (cover the entire mold with chocolate) and freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Once set, gently pop out the pumpkin mousse out of the mold and place on a dessert plate.
- Gently pop out the chocolate half spheres and place them over the pumpkin mousse spheres.
- Serve and enjoy!