Going into the New Year with a strong immune system can really benefit you during cold and flu season. This recipe contains over 20 immune supporting nutrients including the immune boosting white ones!! For a full list of nutrients and details, refer to the chart below.
Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- ½ stalk broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 4 yellow baby potatoes, quartered
- 1-2 tablespoons (depending on your spiciness preference) organic yellow curry paste. I used the Mekhala brand*
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt x2
- One 14-ounce can of organic coconut milk
- ¾ of a 14-ounce block of extra firm organic tofu
Optional: Seed ranch thai green hot sauce, thai basil, handful of curry cashews.
* A good rule of thumb is to start with mild spiciness and then increase the amount slowly until you reach your desired spice level.
- 1.Cook rice according to directions.
- 2.Add sunflower oil to a medium to large soup pot. Heat over medium heat.
- 3. Add garlic, ginger and onion. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4. Add broccoli, bell pepper, tomato, carrots and baby potatoes to the pot. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- 5.Add the curry paste and mix thoroughly. Saute for another 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6.Add water, maple syrup and pinch of sea salt. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft. To save time, you can cook this in an instapot.
- 7.While the vegetables are cooking, dice and saute the tofu in a medium sized pan with a pinch of salt for at least 10 minutes. Flip tofu once ½ way through.
- 8.Add coconut milk and tofu to vegetable mixture. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- 9.Serve over ½ cup of wild rice, black rice or red rice.
- 10.Top with optional Thai basil, Thai green hot sauce or curry cashews. Enjoy!
CHART: IMMUNE BOOSTING NUTRIENTS IN THIS RECIPE