Quick, Simple Sweet and Savory Stir Fry
This recipe is SO simple to make and the sauce tastes fresh and delicious!!
Stir fry’s are a great after work dinner option, because you can literally take a bunch of vegetables from your refrigerator, cut them up and throw them in a pan to cook. Simple and easy!
I used a TON of vegetables because I like the variety, but you can certainly scale back on the different types that you use.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, Vitamin A, calcium and iron. It has over 230% of your daily recommended amount for Vitamin C!
I used coconut aminos, which contain half the amount of sodium compared to soy sauce. It’s still relatively high in sodium, so if that is an issue for you, you may want to try adding about ¼ cup of water to the mix and spreading the sauce out over 4 meals.
I don’t add thickeners to my sauces because I don’t like them, but you are welcome to add 1 ½ tablespoons arrowroot and ¼ cup of water to thicken it.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 ½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon real lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
To make: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend.
Stir fry ingredients: As mentioned above, you can use any variety of vegetables you prefer. And there is no need to measure. You can just cut/chop and add as much as you think you’ll want to eat.
- Splash of sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, cleaned and sliced
- 8-10 snap peas, ends cut off
- 2 leaves bok choy, chopped
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ medium zucchini, sliced
- ¼ medium yellow squash, sliced
- 2 slices fresh jalapeno
- 1 1/5 cups tofu, cut into chunks
- Sprinkle of repertoire spices including granulated garlic, granulated onion, sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup farro (nutty rice)
- Add sesame oil to a large pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add all the vegetables, spices and tofu and cook for approximately 10 minutes over medium heat. Stir frequently.
- When vegetables are cooked al dente, add sauce and cook for another 5 minutes or until sauce is warm. Continue to stir while sauce is cooking.
- Divide recipe in ½ and serve over a bed of warm farro rice in two bowls. Enjoy!